Sunday, January 9, 2011

accountability

Today i am grateful for having accoutability in my life.

I have a job which i am eternally grateful for. Today i was called in the office and talked to about a couple calls i rushed through and were not up to standard. At first i was upset but i thought about and i'm grateful that it was brought to my attention. I want to excel in my job and if i'm doing something less than perfect then i do want to be aware. I want to be someone my managers are greatful for not someone that could easily replaced. I made the extra effort to make sure my calls were nothing less than perfect the rest of the day.

I slowed down and realized my job is not about how many calls i can take but the experience that the guests have when they call. I stopped trying to multitask between regular calls and my new responsibilities for my new position.

A good job is worth doing correctly instead of half assed. i know that the guests appreciate it, my managers appreciate it, and i feel better knowing everyone is happy.

Tomorrow i need to remind myself how grateful i am for my job and having transportation to and from. I know this snow that is falling is going to suck walking in, but in the end, the pay off is always more rewarding. I feel better about who i am today versus where i was a year ago from today.

A year ago i was wearing red, renting out space in the king county hotel. I am grateful i am not there. Every morning i walk down the hill in the morning and i see the jail, i know the schedule of the inmates and what they are doing. I am grateful for my freedom to walk by it, to a job i love, and i'm accountable for my life.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

1 comment: