Saturday, March 12, 2011

3/12/11

Today i am grateful for easy days at work. I got everything i needed to get done, done in the first half of the day. So i basically got to hang out with good company and get paid for it. There was no stress, no angry guests, the day went smoothly.

Today i am also grateful for my sobriety. I saw a friend yesterday i went to treatment with the first time. I knew as soon as he started talking that he was high. He even admitted he was using and he had been to prison AGAIN since we last talked about a year and a half ago. It made me grateful to be where i am. He seemed content with using and doing nothing with his life. I'm grateful to be sober, to not need a drug to have fun or be the first thing i crave when i wake up. It made me uncomfortable to be around him. Our drugs of choice were different, so i didn't feel the urge to use. I felt like we had nothing to talk about. I couldn't listen to someone talk about how they were ruining their lives. Although i am broke i know i'm not doing illegal things to feed an addiction or even just get by. That i am grateful for.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment