Monday, March 28, 2011

3/28/11

My challenge for the day is to figure out why i would be grateful for criticism. It's defiantly not one of my favorite things to hear, but there are positive things about criticism.

- i am able to hear what other people think about me and my work. Sometimes i get caught up in the World of Shawna that i forget that how i think i'm doing something may not be the most efficent way.

- it allows me to recognize my areas of weakness and to work on improving myself and my actions.

- i may not be doing something wrong, but criticism allows me to see things from an angle i may not have seen before.

- it allows me to see what other options there are for something i'm doing and i'm able to meld that into my own actions.

I know that when people are pointing something out they are not trying to rude, but instead helpful. They are looking out for my best interest and want me to become a more complete person. I am working on not taking criticism personally. If i listen with both ears i can hear how helpful they are being so i can truely be gracious for what they are saying.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment